Difference between revisions of "MRI of the liver"
|Line 41:||Line 41:|
Revision as of 23:24, 12 July 2019
Requires a phased array torso coil.
- Morphology: verify size, borders and contours.
- Liver parenchyma: Scan for steatosis, iron deposition
- Focal lesions: Scan for nodules
- Biliary ducts:
- Hepatic veins
- Portal vein
Search for extrahepatic findings
- Lymph nodes in hepatic hilum.
- Signs of portal hypertension: ascites, splenomegaly; portosystemic collateral vessels
LI-RADS (Liver Imaging and Reporting Data System) system should be used only if patient has a high risk for hepatocellular carcinoma (cirrhosis, chronic hepatitis B or current/prior HCC).
Lesions and diseases
- Fatty liver disease: Liver steatosis, NASH;
- Liver iron deposition
- Autoimmune hepatitis
- Primary biliary cirrhosis
- Primary sclerosing cholangitis
- Hepatic hemangioma
- Hepatic adenoma
- Focal nodular hyperplasia
- Hepatocellular carcinoma
- Liver metastases
- Budd-Chiari syndrome
- For a full list of contributors, see article Radlines:Authorship for details. . Creators of images are attributed at the image description pages, seen by clicking on the images. See