CT of abdominal aneurysm
Choice of modality
Abdominal aortic aneurysm
| Ectatic or
|>2.0 cm and <3.0 cm|
|Moderate||3.0 - 5.0 (or 5.5) cm|
|Large or severe||>5.0 or 5.5 cm|
Abdominal aortic aneurysms are commonly divided according to their size and symptomatology. An aneurysm is usually defined as an outer aortic diameter over 3 cm (normal diameter of the aorta is around 2 cm), or more than 50% of normal diameter. The suprarenal aorta normally measures about 0.5 cm larger than the infrarenal aorta.
Common iliac artery aneurysm
|Normal||Diameter ≤12 mm|
|Ectasia||Diameter 12 to 18 mm|
|Aneurysm||Diameter ≥18 mm|
- For a full list of contributors, see article Radlines:Authorship for details. . Creators of images are attributed at the image description pages, seen by clicking on the images. See
- . Archived copy. Archived from the original on 2017-09-08. Retrieved on 2017-08-23. Page 56] in: Philip Lumb (2014). Critical Care Ultrasound E-Book . Elsevier Health Sciences. ISBN 9780323278171.
- "Screening for abdominal aortic aneurysms: single centre randomised controlled trial ". BMJ 330 (7494): 750. Apr 2005. doi:10.1136/bmj.38369.620162.82. PMID 15757960.
- "ACC/AHA Guidelines for the Management of Patients with Peripheral Arterial Disease (lower extremity, renal, mesenteric, and abdominal aortic): a collaborative report from the American Associations for Vascular Surgery/Society for Vascular Surgery, Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions, Society for Vascular Medicine and Biology, Society of Interventional Radiology, and the ACC/AHA Task Force on Practice Guidelines (writing committee to develop guidelines for the management of patients with peripheral arterial disease)—summary of recommendations ". J Vasc Interv Radiol 17 (9): 1383–97; quiz 1398. September 2006. doi:10.1097/01.RVI.0000240426.53079.46. PMID 16990459.
- Solomon, Caren G.; Kent, K. Craig (2014). "Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms ". New England Journal of Medicine 371 (22): 2101–2108. doi:10.1056/NEJMcp1401430. ISSN 0028-4793. PMID 25427112.
- Jeffrey Jim, Robert W Thompson (2018-03-05). Clinical features and diagnosis of abdominal aortic aneurysm. UpToDate. Archived from the original on 2018-03-30.
- Melissa L Kirkwood. Iliac artery aneurysm. Retrieved on 2018-02-23. Last updated: Mar 27, 2017.