Jump to navigation Jump to search
Choice of modality
- MRI of rectal cancer is generally mandatory for both primary staging and restaging of a known rectal cancer.
- Endorectal ultrasound (EUS) is indicated for:
- Staging for early tumours considered for local excision
- Superior diagnostic performance for differentiating T1 from T2 tumors
- For a full list of contributors, see article Radlines:Authorship for details. . Creators of images are attributed at the image description pages, seen by clicking on the images. See
- Beets-Tan, Regina G. H.; Lambregts, Doenja M. J.; Maas, Monique; Bipat, Shandra; Barbaro, Brunella; Curvo-Semedo, Luís; Fenlon, Helen M.; Gollub, Marc J.; et al. (2017). "Magnetic resonance imaging for clinical management of rectal cancer: Updated recommendations from the 2016 European Society of Gastrointestinal and Abdominal Radiology (ESGAR) consensus meeting ". European Radiology 28 (4): 1465–1475. doi:10.1007/s00330-017-5026-2. ISSN 0938-7994.