Jump to navigation Jump to search
Choice of modality
- Ultrasonography of the thyroid is generally the initial investigation of choice for the thyroid.
- CT of the thyroid plays an important role in the evaluation of thyroid cancer. When performed for other reasons, it often incidentally detects thyroid abnormalities, thereby practically becoming the initial investigation.
- MRI of the thyroid can be used in the evaluation of thyroid cancers and goiter, and likewise detects incidental abnormalities.
- For a full list of contributors, see article Radlines:Authorship for details. . Creators of images are attributed at the image description pages, seen by clicking on the images. See
- Bin Saeedan, Mnahi; Aljohani, Ibtisam Musallam; Khushaim, Ayman Omar; Bukhari, Salwa Qasim; Elnaas, Salahudin Tayeb (2016). "Thyroid computed tomography imaging: pictorial review of variable pathologies ". Insights into Imaging 7 (4): 601–617. doi:10.1007/s13244-016-0506-5. ISSN 1869-4101. Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License