X-ray of the thorax in sarcoidosis
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Choice of modality
Projectional radiography ("X-ray") of the chest is central to evaluation of sarcoidosis.
There are four stages of pulmonary involvement based on radiological stage of the disease, which is helpful in prognosis:
- Stage I: bilateral hilar lymphadenopathy (BHL) alone
- Stage II: BHL with pulmonary infiltrates
- Stage III: pulmonary infiltrates without BHL
- Stage IV: fibrosis.
- For a full list of contributors, see article Radlines:Authorship for details. . Creators of images are attributed at the image description pages, seen by clicking on the images. See
- Nader Kamangar. Chief Editor: Zab Mosenifar (2018-03-19). Sarcoidosis Workup. Medscape.
- Kumar and Clark, Clinical Medicine, 8th edition, p. 846.